Cork Tennis Blog

Welcome to the Cork Tennis Blog.

This blog will keep you up to date on the tennis scene in Cork, both socially and competitively. Whether you are new to the game or an experienced player I hope you find the information and posts here, useful and interesting.

You can contact me by email at rob@racketrestringing.ie

Rob's Racketrestringing

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 to 2010, The season just gone and what lies ahead?

Well I had a very enjoyable season, my first one back in a while and it was great to catch up with old friends and thankfully along the way made some new ones.

If you are like me now, full after the Christmas season, you will be looking forward to the Winter league returning after the christmas break and looking forward to the season ahead.

Not much tennis being played in my home club, Rushbrooke, at the moment as the courts are frozen but hopefully this will sort itself out soon.

Some of the high points for me over the season were, Federer winning his record 15th Grand Slam, it now ends the Sampras debate, who I personally don't think was half the talent Federer is.
On a local level I was delighted to be at the Maher Sports Cup where I saw probably one of the best junior doubles games I have ever seen, an U-12 mixed doubles between Sundays Well and Rushbrooke. They were all very talented players but what impressed me more was the good mannered nature in which the game was played. No bad calls or questioned calls, plenty of compliments and genuine fun, the way the game should be played.
Next was a personal one, I was part of 2 interpro teams this year and because of not having being involved in a while I was delighted to catch up with some old friends from around the country.

I hope everyone who played this year enjoyed there year as much as I did and I wish you "All the best for 2010".

No comments: