Cork Tennis Blog

Welcome to the Cork Tennis Blog.

This blog will keep you up to date on the tennis scene in Cork, both socially and competitively. Whether you are new to the game or an experienced player I hope you find the information and posts here, useful and interesting.

You can contact me by email at rob@racketrestringing.ie

Rob's Racketrestringing

Friday, April 13, 2012

A Legend of Irish Tennis Retires.



Irish Tennis has so much to thank Conor Niland for over recent years.

The end of a career happens to everybody and it is a sad day when it arrives but it is not made easier when it is forced upon you.

Conor Niland retired yesterday from Professional tennis due to an ongoing problem with his hips.  Following on from the most successful year of any Irish player, Conor had high hopes of progressing on to bigger things this year.

How you can get bigger than playing in Wimbledon and the US Open is a tough task but anyone who knows Conor will know that conquering tough tasks was what he was all about.

I have seen Conor play on many occasions, going back to his junior days, and he is and always was a role model for the future stars of Irish tennis.  His behaviour on court was always exemplary and his dedication to his sport was second to none.  He was happy to play his part on any of the teams he was involved with, whether it be Interpros or Davis Cup and because of this I have no doubt if Conor gets involved in Irish Tennis going forward it can only mean success.

I wish Conor the best for the future, congratulate him on his career and thank him for putting Irish tennis firmly on the map.

2 comments:

Softtoss machines said...

Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing.I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for sharing useful information; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

Softtoss machines said...

wheeler dealer soft toss machine