Cork Tennis Blog

Welcome to the Cork Tennis Blog.

This blog will keep you up to date on the tennis scene in Cork, both socially and competitively. Whether you are new to the game or an experienced player I hope you find the information and posts here, useful and interesting.

You can contact me by email at rob@racketrestringing.ie

Rob's Racketrestringing

Monday, May 17, 2021

Irish Tennis Updates - Adam Wade

Irish Tennis Updates 



Firstly, thanks to Rob for all his work on the Cork Tennis blog. I think it's great to have something like this to help grow the tennis community in Cork and help people keep up to date with what's going on.

Really, these are two of the big things that I'm trying to do with Irish Tennis Updates. The first part of what I do is the Twitter account where I post about all the action for Irish players playing abroad, mostly ITF futures events, ITF juniors and also the college tennis season which features a great number of Irish players and is coming to a conclusion in May. When things are a bit more back to normal here in Ireland I'll also be doing updates on domestic events and leagues but it's been a while since there's been any of that to cover! This is all about keeping people up to date with Ireland's top players at different levels, as well as helping give some much-deserved recognition to the players themselves. 

My second main project is the podcast. I started this in late 2019 and have spent a bit more time on it since Covid struck. I've been really lucky to speak to some amazing guests from various areas of Irish tennis including many of the top players – current and past – as well as lots of coaches and people involved in other parts of the game, for example journalism and management. Earlier this year I released a five-part series all about the history of Irish tennis, where I spoke to Tom Higgins, author of the book 'The History of Irish Tennis'. I really learned a lot through doing this and would recommend a listen if this is something that interests you. I'm planning to keep releasing episodes with lots of new guests over the summer and beyond and I'm really excited about this. 

Finally, if anyone would like to get in touch I'm always happy to talk about anything at all related to Irish tennis – feel free to send me an email at adam.christopher.wade@gmail.com

Thanks, stay safe and enjoy your tennis!

To check out the Twitter page: https://twitter.com/tennisupdateire?lang=en

And the podcasts: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/irish-tennis-updates-podcast-adam-wade-vIehYLgkQ3V/ or anywhere else you get podcasts, including YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCihKvqMj78HFEh8P9If17eQ

 

No comments: